The first gen computers, which were introduced in the 1940s, used vacuum tubes. A decade later, the first operating system was released. By the fourth generation, there was a boom in personal computers. Computers became more compact and less expensive. They started reaching homes and were no longer a product which only the big companies owned. In the seventies, Microsoft’s first operating system was released. Now, Microsoft’s productivity suite, named Microsoft Office setup, is nearly three decades old. The first iteration called Office 1.0 was rolled out on November 19 in the year 1990. In just a few years after the launch, it became the de-facto productivity suite which almost everybody who owned a Windows PC had.
As a matter of fact, in 2012 according to the reports Microsoft Office was being utilized by over one billion individuals across the globe, a tremendous feat for a suite of commercial programs. The first itinerary of the suite was made up of three basic apps: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Until now, the three main apps are the mainstays of the Office suite. But now, Office versions consist of several other software and services. Office 365 consists of desktop apps of Office 2016. To get any Office version such as Office 2013, Office 2010, etc., just go to www.office.com/setup.
Download Microsoft Office Setup
Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet. If you have an installation disk, then you do not need internet for downloading Microsoft Office setup. Here are the steps for downloading MS Office Setup:
- Turn on the system.
- Remove any older itinerary of Office.
- Go to the Internet Browser app.
- Enter the following URL: office.com/setup.
- Sign in with the Microsoft account email ID and its password.
- Click on the Create an Account button, to set up a new one.
- In case you own multiple Microsoft user accounts, make sure that you are signing in with the same credentials you used to obtain Office.
- If you have Office Enterprise or School edition, then use the email of your school or work.
- After signing in, tap on Install Office.
- Just select the Install option.
- Choose the installation language.
- You may specify the Windows bit version.
- Press the Install button.
- Let the download complete.
Install Microsoft Office Setup
Now that you have downloaded the setup, you must be wondering about what to do next. You should install the Office package. Follow these steps:
- Here are the actions you must perform in conformity to the web browser:
- MS Edge: Press the Run button
- Internet Explorer: Press the Run button
- Google Chrome: Press the Setup button
- Mozilla Firefox: Press the Save File button
- When you click on Setup (or any other buttons mentioned above), the User Account Control screen will pop-up. Just permit the app to make some changes to the system. Click on Yes.
- Let the installation process begin.
- You may check the degree of installation on the green strip on the screen.
- The screen will display the apps contained within the Office suite you are installing.
- The following message “You are all set!” will display on the screen when all the Office apps and services have been installed.
- See the tutorial that will automatically present on display.
- When done, press the Close button underneath Click Start.
Activate Microsoft Office Setup
If you skip the activation process or if you do not have a valid product key, then you will unfortunately not be able to make use of the Office programs. Follow the steps for Office setup activation:
- When you download and install MS Office setup, you can open any of its apps and work on them.
- But, at times you may need to activate your copy of Office.
- So just launch the Office app.
- Accept everything and agree to all the terms and conditions.
- Click on the Activate option.
- Just enter the 25 characters alphanumeric product activation key which you can get at www.office.com/setup.
- Proceed to Next and click on close when done.
Microsoft Office Applications
MS Word is versatile document processing software that enables users to produce textual input documents. By the same token, Microsoft’s Word enables the users to make changes, compose and see documents which were made earlier.
PowerPoint is a tool that enables the users to devise and produce marvelous presentations. Microsoft’s PowerPoint enables users to add animations to the subject matter of the slideshows to produce and display a slideshow with a wow factor.
With Skype, users can connect with anyone over internet calls. Near or far, as long as the caller and the receiver have an internet connection, they can make and receive voice and video calls. Skype also has a chat feature along with sharing screens option.
With Microsoft Excel, users can process their data and then analyze it efficiently. Excel was one of the first Office apps, and it is extremely popular across the world. It enables users to add their formulas for easy computation and analysis of data.
OneDrive is a treasury for everything you want to reserve and save online on a cloud server. Microsoft allows 1 Terabyte of OneDrive space. Users do not have to buy additional hardware for storing the backup, with OneDrive, they can automatically sync their data.
OneNote is very popular amongst students. It allows them to take notes on their phones or laptops. One can also take voice notes. Users can use it to make grocery lists. With OneNote, you do not need to carry a pen and paper every time you go out.