Even with all its drawbacks, social networking is a fantastic platform for documenting our lives. Social media platforms are like small time capsules that we can always pull up to revisit past memories, posts, opinions, pictures, etc. Fortunately, users can revisit their pasts on Twitter. Timehop, a service available for no cost, alerts users via its mobile apps regarding what they were doing a year before the day. It gets linked to the users’ Twitter accounts and showcases it in a basic timeline.
If you want to get alerts of what you tweeted a year (or more) ago, then just synchronize the Twitter archive with the Timehop app. Let’s go through the process syncing Twitter archive with Timehop.
Steps for Downloading the Official Twitter Archive
- Go to the Twitter website and log in.
- Now, click on your Profile located at the upper left corner.
- Select Settings from the pull-down menu.
- Select Request your Archive.
- Wait for a couple of hours for the archive to get mailed to you.
- Open the email account associated with your Twitter account.
- Go to the link of the Twitter Archive.
- Now, hit the blue Download button.
- The download will start automatically.
- Allow the file to get downloaded.
- When the download is over, leave the downloaded file as it is. If you open it by mistake, then you will have to download it again.
Steps for Syncing your Twitter Archive with Timehop
- Open the web browser and go to the Timehop website.
- Select the Upload your tweets option located in the center.
- Go through the drives and locate the folder where the Twitter archive is kept.
- Upload the downloaded archive.
- Sign into Timehop using the credentials for your Twitter account.
- Timehop will now synchronize with the archive.
Steps for Accessing Old Tweets from the Timehop App
- Go to the app store and download the Timehop application.
- Allow Timehop to access the Twitter app.
- Sign in using the Twitter login credentials and approve the Timehop account.
- You can now check your previous tweets from the Timehop App.
James Thomas is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, James has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.