Use keyboard shortcut. Often users open Firefox in Safe Mode by using the keyboard. The user can locate the Firefox icon on the desktop, taskbar, and in the Start menu; a user can do the below steps :
- Hold down upward arrow
- Select or twice press the Firefox application icon.
- Release Upward arrow when Firefox get launch
- Select Start in Safe Mode when prompted.
- Troubleshoot Firefox as required.
- Launch Start. Select the Window logo from the below-left corner of the screen. A pop-up window will be visible on display.
- Launch Command Prompt. Type Command prompt, then select on Command Prompt at the top of the Start window.
- Enter the Firefox Safe Mode command. Type in “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” –safe-mode into Command Prompt.
- If a user has installed Firefox in another folder then in the one that was proposed, the user can try typing start firefox –safe-mode instead.
- Press Enter. It will let the user run the command.
- Select Start in Safe Mode when prompted. It will confirm the user choice and will open Firefox in Safe Mode. This will make the user go further with adding the add-ons as necessary.
- If a user receives an error or fault, and not able to start Firefox in Safe Mode, then the user can try typing “C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” –safe-mode into Command Prompt and press Enter.
How to Reboot Firefox in Safe Mode on Mac
It can be done by using the keyboard shortcut. Most of the time user use the keyboard shortcut to launch Firefox in Safe Mode. Locate the Firefox icon in Mac App folder, in the Dock, or Launchpad, then do the below steps:
- Keep holding down the option button.
- Select (or twice-click) Firefox.
- Select start in Safe Mode when prompted.
- Fix Firefox as needed.
- Launch Spotlight. At the top-right corner of the screen just click on the magnifying glass-shaped icon, and a text box will pop-up.
- Launch Terminal. Just type terminal in Spotlight, then twice-click on Terminal option resulting menu of the application.
- Enter the Firefox safe Mode command. Type /Application/Firefox/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox –safe- mode into Terminal.
- Hit on Return. It will run the command.
- Press Start in Safe Mode when prompted. It will approve the user’s decision and will open Firefox in Safe Mode, at this point user can go further to choose add-ons as required by the user.